Today is the last day of stage one, and while I still have time to tweak what I’ve done, I made this month’s goals. This is a small step in an initial project, so I don’t want to bring out the wine yet. That said, I’m pleased for progress, and hope to keep pushing.
All that was needed to get the project started was:
- Pick four of my concepts
- Type what I though is the initial idea.
- Convert each idea into a premise.
- Begin preliminary research. Preliminary could be an article, films, a book (at least two sources).
What can I say, so far:
- Concept one has a lot of ideas, and trying to consolidate it has been tricky. Also I’d like to keep it tight.
- Concept two also has a lot of ideas and notes but I think I’m pushing towards a stronger story. It has the strongest research done so far.
- Concept three is simple, but I think will be a lot of fun to write and explore.
- Concept four feels complicated, and needs more ironing out. This will come through as I progress.
That said, I tested out the concepts on my brother. He’s busy, so I’m waiting on his response. I will also ask another friend for their reaction to the premises. This will help me understand better where I’m going, as it may seem solid in my head, others may not feel the premises are so solid.
I wish I had asked sooner.
As always, happy creative endeavors.