I took a few days away from working on my series that was inspired from my jokes, and after yesterday’s blog post on story styles, I felt inspired to revisit the concept with more thoughts. Let me also add that I will have to do some research, so we’ve gone into a new stage.
As per past posts the story revolves around a man who has global influence, and is trying to work with his dysfunctional family. My initial thoughts is he was trying to find his voice. That still holds true, but I think he has a new role he’s trying to please a lot of people while remaining true to himself.
I think the MC/hero/protagonist starts and LLC, and it grows like wildfire. His mom is in charge of the business as she manages him, the finances, and the demands. She has become the an influential person who is the closest to her son.
Location was another aspect I worked on. The story takes place in Charleston, SC (or outside the city). This is personal, as I am from the south, and I know this region well. The main setting is the business which is set in a restored southern mansion.
Needless to say I need to brush up on businesses, and southern mansions, because I’d like for this to be a strong aspect of the series. This also made me think of ideas for the series.
Below are some notes I made as thought this out:
- Getting sued. I know it’s an LLC, BUT I imagine people want access to the MC unfiltered.
- The MC has a unintentional monopoly no on can match, and this sets some people’s shorts on fire.
- People want favors at the MC’s expense.
- People want Mom’s favor and try to bribe or blackmail her,
- MC has to learn when to say “no,” and not being a people pleaser when the business has policies he and his mom are ironing out.
- Mom and MC are having issues over policies. Some she insists upon, others he insists upon.
Tomorrow I may post something I found to be a problem: I want to create some other relatives that have positive influence on the MC. I’m thinking an aunt (Mom’s sis) and a Uncle (Dad’s brother) who may or may not work for him.
As always, happy creative endeavors.