For the past few days I’ve been pushing forth the idea of now or never with my writing goals and projects. The time has come to push them forward, because keep dreaming of them being published and/or produced as opposed to getting them completed really isn’t good for me.
So today I’m a starting projects, with goals and deadlines involved. Hopefully by June of 2018 I’ll have completed writing them, and will move them to the next plateau. I’m listing my goals below to show what I’m thinking and going. I’ll start of small, and keep intensifying the work.
- First deadline: 11/30/17
- Choose four of my story ideas.
- Convert the ideas into premises.
- Type the story ideas and premises.
- Begin preliminary research (article, book or two).
- Deadline: 12/31/17
- Main Character notes (identify MCs heart’s desire or greatest fear, wound, or flaw).
- Add notes from other characters.
- Do more research (minimum 4 additional resources).
- Initiate first draft of outline (minimum: ACT One for each project).
- Deadline: 1/31/18
- Complete act Two AND Three of outlines.
- Deadline: 2/28/18
- Allow 1 Week for outline draft cool downs.
- Begin writing Act 1 of each screenplay.
- Deadline: 3/31/18
- Begin writing Act 2 of each screenplay.
- Deadline: 4/31/18
- Begin writing Act 3 of storylines.
- Deadline: 5/31/18
- Cool down period. Go work on something else/distract self.
- Deadline: 6/30/18
- Complete rewrites and then relax. Project done for the moment.
- Deadline 7/31/18
- Look for agent.
- Send out queries
- Submit complete projects.
- Start new projects.
Wish me luck. Happy creative endeavors.