I write this, searching for a title, then I realizes that it is about me. Or its not about my ego. What I keep going for is writing on a daily basis to keep me pushing forward. When I don’t have much to say, I still end up wanting to put something down.
Earlier today it occurred to me that I need to get the rest of my ideas in order, otherwise I’d be slacking off. At some point I need to see my writing evolve beyond the stages of plotting, planning, and revisions. It needs to be published and/or produced.
The obvious is always, “keep writing,” however I should add to it, “and keep pushing and evolving as an artist.” I do love the process, and sometimes it does feel like a hard grind, but there needs to be some payoff beside me struggling. Some light at the end of the tunnel.
Odd to feel at odds with writing, yet that’s what’s happening.
As always, happy creative endeavors.
Hello, there’s a storm approaching, and as always the Carolinas is a little chaotic. I played some games, which calmed me down. It’s another MOBA called, Paragon by Epic Games. It’s more action oriented, and fast paced.
All you need to know is I’m supposed to keep my towers from being brought down by the enemy team and vice versa. My character, Zinx has a lot of sustain, and I tried to capitalize on that. She however has no real escape. So trade off, in my opinion.
So now that I have my characters, I have been brainstorming episode ideas that I hope will help me expand into more ideas. I said I wanted ten, but pushing for twenty. My notebook is filled with ideas. For grins and giggles, I’m posting five of them below.
I want to name the characters, but the generic names kinda helped me not get too attached in an odd sort of way.
These are really raw ideas, and I need to ask more direct/specific questions of the ideas in order to find some tangible answers to the problems.
- Second Son (MC) has meetings with future self. If this an elaborate deception, hallucination, or does future self have hidden agenda?
- Mom is having relationship with ex-husband, and MC’s ex-friend. She loves neither of them, and goes to great lengths to keep this info from both of her sons, and both of her partners from discovering they aren’t her one and only. She is also plagued with managing a staff that she’s distracted from keeping in line.
- Mom is worried about MC’s stability as people make demands of his time and efforts, so she takes control of his appointments, and people are forced to deal with her.
- Ex-GF shows up, and she won’t be denied the opportunity to see MC. Even thought she made a mess of their relationship, she feels attached to him, and hates that she can’t break things off completely. MC has great disdain for her and Ex-Friend, and doesn’t want a thing to do with her, but is stuck in her orbit.
- MC has a meeting with important political, religious, and social groups that are hell-bent on him catering to their desires, however, he has to figure out how to resolve all demands on his terms, or face being under people’s thumbs.
In another chapter of my character building, we come to the final four.
Not really the final characters for my story, but I wanted to create more characters while paying a pun-ish reference to BSG. Yes, I realize it was a “final five,” but if you add the MC you have five.
The MC (main character) is the second son for those who have been following my progress through creating the story. I also want to keep the character descriptions down to two sentences or less.
Ex-Girlfriend: She is ironically free-spirited, and unintentionally cruel, but always in the second son’s orbit. She discovers she wants to around him more for what he can do, less than she wants to be with him.
Ex-Friend: Typically goes after what he desires no matter the obstacle. Lost the MC as a friend when he started sleeping with the MC’s now ex-gf.
Friend 1: Hard worker, and very passionate about career and goals. She is good friends with the MC, and values loyalty and trues among peers.
Friend 2: Is burnt out from life and people, thus becoming more and more cynical. Keeps making mistakes that have a ripple effect, and needs help he’s not open to.
Hello Peeps. Hope y’all are having a wonderful Monday.
This is some Smite gameplay where I play Bellona, a warrior who excels with weapons and defense. Amped up her defense items so I stayed extra tanky. The skin is called Roc-A-Bellona, and I love it. Otherwise I prefer the standard Roman skin for this god.
Playing Smite as Artemis in the Wrangler skin. She’s a hunter class (ranged melee), and has crits built into her passive. I build for attack speed, more crits, and cooldown. I played with friends so we were communicating the whole time.
This is me playing Smite with a friend. The game mode is joust, which is a 3 vs 3 match. I’m playing with a friend (he’s playing Medusa), and it was fun. Athena is a guardian class character, which means she’s all about being tanky, and using crowd control to draw the enemy’s attention to her.
The build I made is nearly all physical protections with aura to help the team, and hinder the enemy.